Maybe you don’t believe in a jinx, karma, hexes or other supernatural unexplained phenomenon that may guide the rules of the earth.
But here’s something we can all agree on. You don’t say “Gee, we haven’t had very many injuries this season,” Before a big tournament. Why? Maybe it was just coincidence that two players mysteriously get hurt after uttering such a statement… hypothetically.
So here are the Top Ten things Not to say before a National Championship
1. We haven’t had many injuries this season.
2. Our bats are hot.
3. We’ve never given up a no hitter.
4. Our pitchers hardly ever give up home runs.
5. My kid never gets sick / injured.
6. We’ll be fine with 11 players.
7. It’s Southern California. How hot can it be?
8. We’ve cut down the errors to a minimum.
9. My daughter has a 15 game hitting streak.
10. I’m so glad there’s no drama on this team!
Please feel free to add any other sentences that should not be stated before a big tournament.